DGBC in English
“The Dutch Green Building Council is the foremost network for sustainable construction and real-estate. Our mission is to make urban environments sustainable.”
About the Dutch Green Building Council
The Dutch Green Building Council is an independent group that aims to make urban environments sustainable. The Dutch Green Building Council develops and issues the internationally renowned BREEAM-NL certificate. This certificate is the foremost index to compare buildings, projects, and land on the of basis of sustainability in The Netherlands. The Dutch Green Building Council trains professionals to make assessments and implement new sustainable measures.
The foundation was formed by the ABN Amro, Redevco, Dura Vermeer, SBR and the City Council of Amsterdam. The Dutch Green Building Council has over 350 members.
What does the Dutch Green Building Council do?
Together with BREEAM-NL we assess buildings and land-use for sustainability. BREEAM-NL is the most-used certificate in the Netherlands for urban sustainability. BREEAM-NL certificates exist for new developments, existing buildings, buildings marked for demolition and unexploited land.
The Dutch Green Building Council trains professionals to assess projects for sustainability based on BREEAM-NL guidelines. We train BREEAM-NL Experts who can guide the certificate process and who are often employees of the organisation seeking a certificate. We also qualify BREEAM-NL Assessors to judge projects as independent specialists.
Projects and products
The Dutch Green Building Council develops products and services that add to the sustainability of urban environments. We have online tools that make BREEAM-NL certifications easier. Our Quickscans can give an overview of a project’s sustainability. The Dutch Green Building Council also undertakes sustainable projects, benchmarking and research. We developed the BREEAM-NL Junior and Medior curriculum so schoolchildren can assess their own school in terms of sustainability.
The Dutch Green Building Council network organizes a wide variety of events and activities. Examples are the Dutch Green Building Week, participant meetings, the Real-estate Sustainability Index NL, debates with members of parliament, the Green Tie Gala, the Green Leadership Summit, workshops and market-leader meetings.
The Dutch Green Building Council collaborates with the Netherlands Enterprise Agency, ministries, the Sustainable Housing Platform, the Green Business Club Netherlands, high schools and universities. The Dutch Green Building Council is part of the World Green Building Council and have the Dutch Green Building Laboratory as our own knowledge base.
Advantages of becoming a member:
- Access to the 350-member network.
- Invitations to introductory meetings such as the Green Tie Gala and the Green Leadership Summit.
- Work together to develop sustainable products and services.
- Become a market-leader in sustainability in your business area.
- Make use of our strong communication channels and media attention.
- Benefit from a strong partner for discussions with government and market players.
- Add to your sustainable image.
- Receive 25% off all training and BREEAM-NL certificates.
- Free membership to the Green Business Club.
- Receive discounts for trade fairs such as PROVADA and Building Holland.
Want to become a member? Click here.
Prices per year
- Self-employed: €400
- Organisations with less than 25 FTE: €1000
- Organisations between 25 and 50 FTE: €2500
- Companies with more than 50 FTE: €5000
010-30 32 777
Dutch Green Building Council
Vlasmarkt 1c – Floor 4
3011 PW Rotterdam